The Romanovs were pioneers of photography — in the early 20th century they owned the world’s first portable Kodak cameras and captured almost every meaningful event in their lives.
4,000 IMAGES FROM THE FAMILY’S PERSONAL ALBUMS WERE SCANNED TO RECEIVE A SECOND, DIGITAL LIFE.
We merged a large set of visual data with transmedia storytelling to piece out the big picture of a “lost Russia”. This is the story of the Empire’s last royal family through thousands of their own photographs.#Romanovs100 is an online educational narrative — a research into history through the visual language of photography combined with the digital reality of social media.
- We held the world’s first-ever digital colorization contest of vintage images judged by me and featuring artworks by contestants from all over the world — Canada, America, Germany, Russia, Great Britain, Indonesia, the Philippines, Trinidad and Tobago
- Several photos partially colored by the youngest daughter of Nicholas II and Alexandra – Anastasia, were colorized by me, finishing the work the Grand Duchess started over 100 years ago.
- Drum Content Awards 2018 – 1 (Best News/Media/Publishing Content Marketing Strategy/Campaign)
- CLIO Entertainment – 1 (SILVER, Television/Streaming: Original Content, Branded Entertainment)
- The Drum Social Buzz Awards 2018 – 2 (Most innovative use of social, Best international strategy).
- Also Highly commended in Best use of imagery.